Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finished Katazome pieced top


Wow...it's been a month since I tried my hand at blogging. Just no time with the survey. But I needed a break and so made a new quilt. I've finished the top.
This one is made from Katazome fabric from Nautilus FiberArt . It is worth seeing how Katazome is made.
It's a Japanese method of dying fabrics that uses a resist paste applied through a stencil. Nautilus does this the "old way" and the resulting fabric has the most wonderful feel and look. Karen Miller is a true artist.

2 comments:

Dragons52 said...

Beautiful!!! How are you going to edge it?
I sure would love to see how many of these fabrics are made. When I did a workshop with Lonni Rossi I got at least an idea how fabric got painted and that was exciting!

Anonymous said...

Alexia, i tracked down your blog...when we sent out the last SAQA e.bulletin, it bounced from the email address we have for you in our database. i am making an educated guess that this is your correct email address.

please reply, so i can be sure to get it fixed in our records. we don't want you to miss out on any news or opportunities!

thanks,

eileen doughty
SAQA website coordinator
info@saqa.com